Gruinyards is the "look-out on Loch Ness", a stunning top floor two bedroom apartment in the old Monastery building with surely the most spectacular views of Loch Ness from anywhere. It is beautifully furnished and has every convenience for a truly memorable holiday.
It sleeps four people, or six with the comfortable sofa-bed in the living room - alternatively use the amazingly comfortable double Aerobed to have the big master bedroom as a family bedroom.
Gruinyards is a stylishly converted penthouse in the Monastery building of the historic Abbey at Fort Augustus -look for the arched windows and dormers on the top floor next to the tower. It has stunning views down Loch Ness from the living room and, with windows on three sides, a magnificent outlook from all rooms. It is available all year round including short breaks and offers access to all facilities of the Highland Club including the newly opened swimming pool and the grand games room. There are also lochside gardens, tennis, table tennis, adventure playground, croquet and fishing. A variety of activities can organised within the grounds, such as archery, canoeing and tomahawk throwing.
Gruinyards has high sloping ceilings and manages to be both spacious and cosy at the same time. Similarly it combines the old and the new, with magnificent stone mullioned windows and stylish contemporary furnishing. It has been graded 4* by VisitScotland.
It has a large and very bright living-dining room with a fully equipped kitchen, an elegant and spacious master bedroom and wonderful ensuite bathroom with a roll-top bath and views over Borlum Hill. There is also a very comfortable and cosy twin bedroom, a second bathroom. For accommodating more than four guests, there is a high quality double sofa bed in the living room or the option of an automatic double Aerobed in the main bedroom which allows it to be used as a very comfortable family room.
Gruinyards is unique in the Abbey by having windows and views on three sides and gets the sun all day long. Ideal for lounging around and relaxing if you've done enough for the day.
Free wi-fi broadband is provided within the apartment and there are several guide books to the Highlands and the local area as well as Ordnance Survey large scale maps. In addition, in case the weather is less than perfect, the apartment has a large wide screen TV and a range of classic or family films on DVD as well as games and books.
Further information about the property and the local area can also be found on the Gruinyards website at:
- Sleeps up to 6
- Fantastic views down Loch Ness
- Family room option
- Stylishly furnished
- Washing machine, dryer, dishwasher
- Hair dryer, iron, ironing board
- Travel cot and high chair
- Towels, heating and electricity all included
- Access to the extensive facilities of the Highland Club including the swimming pool and games room.
- Drying facilities
- Private parking
- Bike store
Beds and Rooms
- Master bedroom - Kingsize double bed and option of standard double as well (to make a very comfortable family room)
- Second bedroom - twin beds (can be linked to make 6ft double if required)
- Living room - beautiful views on two sides. Includes a standard size double sofa-bed as another option for sleeping six.
- Main bathroom - with shower and bath
- Ensuite bathroom - fantastic views and a free-standing roll-top bath
- Kitchen - fully equipped kitchen integrated into the living room. Also dining table seating up to 8 people.