The Old Convent Apartments
The Old Convent has four lovingly renovated luxury self-catering apartments. All are spacious and individually styled combining old features with new. Private parking.
We, Chris & Felicity are local and have lived in the Old Convent since 1994. We managed to buy this beautiful old building in 2011 and have been lovingly renovating it to a very high standard keeping a lot of the original features but adding some modern touches such as insulation, double glazing and central heating.
The Old Convent was originally built as a church by Lord Lovat in 1842 and known as St.Peters chapel. In 1888 it was then offered to 'The Sister's of Mercy' from Elgin to use as a school and their convent, during their short occupation it was known as St.Columba's convent. After extensive renovations were completed in March 1892 for a new order of nun's, it was renamed St Scholastica's Priory until 1922 when the remaining nun's were moved to Holm Eden Abbey. Since then many people have lived in the convent including a few let's say...'colourful' characters!
Fort Augustus is a beautiful and interesting village in the heart of the Highlands, with the Caledonian canal and locks running through the centre, pubs and restaurants, craft shops, visitor centre, grocery store, post office, bank and petrol station only a ten minute walk from The Old Convent. The village is geographically the centre of the Highlands on the southern shores of Loch Ness so makes all areas of the Highlands easily accessible.
We are surrounded by beautiful scenery with an abundance of wildlife, the odd castle or two, amazing munro's and corbett's for the more serious walker plus easy woodland walks and the famous Caledonian canal for a stroll. Lovely bicycle rides for all abilities, horse riding, fishing, kayaking, boat trips and golf.
- Dog Friendly
- Drying facilities
- Private parking
- Motorcyclists welcome
- Bike store
Beds and Rooms
- 1 Bedroom Apartments
- 2 Bedroom Apartments