How to find us
Planning a day trip, a short break or a long holiday?
There are many ways to get to us and start your Highland exploration whatever your budget and schedule.
Getting to the Loch Ness area by road, please see directions below or click HERE for Google Map.
Fort Augustus is on the A82, at the head of Loch Ness in the heart of the Highlands.
Fort Augustus is 33 miles from Fort William and 34 miles from Inverness.
From Glasgow take the A82 via Crianlarich and Fort William to Fort Augustus – 132 miles.
From Edinburgh take the M90 to Perth, the A9 to Dalwhinnie, the A86 to Spean Bridge and the A82 to Fort Augustus - 157 miles.
From Aberdeen take the A96 via Nairn to Inverness, then the A82 to Fort Augustus – 141 miles.
Invermoriston is about 6 miles North of Fort Augustus.
Invergarry is about 6 miles South of Fort Augustus.
Local and national hire car companies operate throughout the area.
- Hertz: +44 (0)870 84 84 848 - For more info visit their website
- Avis: +44 (0)870 99 77 300 - For more info visit their website
- Europcar: +44 0)870 60 75 000 - For more info visit their website
Fly into one of the Scottish Airports and hire a car to enjoy the freedom and the scenery to the full. Inverness airport is only 1 hour from Fort Augustus. Easyjet flies from London Luton, and flights are available from Glasgow and Edinburgh. Alternatively, fly into an international airport such as Glasgow, Edinburgh, Prestwick or Aberdeen.
- Easyjet: +44(0)870 556677 - For more info visit their website
- Inverness Airport: +44 (0)1667 464000 - For more info visit their website
- Edinburgh Airport: +44 (0)131 333 1000 - For more info visit their website
- Glasgow Airport: +44 (0)141 887 1111 - For more info visit their website
Several coach operators run daily services throughout the Highlands. Buses run to Fort Augustus from Fort William, Inverness, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
- Citylink: +44 (0)870 550 50 50 - For more info visit their website
- National Express: +44 (0)870 580 80 80 - For more info visit their website
- Skyeways: +44 (0)1599 534328 - For more info visit their website
Trains run from Glasgow and Edinburgh to Fort William and Inverness. Overnight sleepers are available from London to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fort William and Inverness. The steam train “The Jacobite” runs day trips from Fort William to Mallaig.
- GNER: +44(0)845 7225225 - For more info visit their website
- Scotrail: +44 (0)845 7550033 - For more info visit their website
- Jacobite Steam Train: +44(0)1524 732100 - For more info visit their website
The Fort Augustus-Glenmoriston-Glengarry Business Initiative (FAGGBI)
The Fort Augustus-Glenmoriston-Glengarry Business Initiative (FAGGBI) is a Marketing Group with 100 Member Businesses in Fort Augustus, Glenmoriston and Glengarry Districts aiming to promote local businesses and the attractions of our area to potential visitors.
Our organization was started in 2000 with at most half a dozen Members. FAGGBI now has a great diversity of Member Businesses with Hotels, one-bedroom Bed and Breakfasts, the local Garage, craft manufacturers like the Glass-Blowers, a range of Shops and Visitor Centres, Providers of Outdoor Activities like Abseiling or WhiteWater Rafting and even a Magician. The one feature these businesses all have in common is an overwhelming desire to promote our local area at the southern tip of Loch Ness. We try to encourage visitors to enjoy our area's History, Scenery, Caledonian Canal, Ceilidhs, Mystery and Outdoor Activities as much as we do and we look forward to giving you the traditional Highland Greeting of "Ceud Maille Failte ! " or A Hundred Thousand Welcomes ! " when we meet you."
For enquiries about a specific business, please contact the business directly.
For information about FAGGBI email: email@example.com
If you have noticed a problem or you have a question about the site, contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like information on joining EnjoyLochNess FAGGBI please send your contact details to email@example.com
Paths Around Invergarry