Originally built as a public hall by Lord Lovat between 1892 and 1900.
Used as a drill hall from 1900 – 1908 by the Imperial Yeomanry regiment established by the 14th Lord Lovat.
In 1908 the Territorial Force was created and The 1st and 2nd Lovat,s Scouts Yeomanry were created under orders of the Highland Mounted Brigade from the Imperial Yeomanry regiment.
In 1914 the Haldane Reforms changed The 1st and 2nd Lovat,s Scouts Yeomanry to 1 Lovat,s Scouts (A Squadron), who continued to use the Memorial Hall as a drill hall.
The 4th Battalion, Cameron Highlanders (E Company) were also formed at this time, and most likely built and moved to a new site, what is now the Village Hall formerly the Drill hall and later the TA Centre.
After 1918 the Memorial was added to the front of the hall and renamed War Memorial Hall.